Healing Properties of Pineapple
- Healthy bones and cartilage. One portion of fresh pineapple contains 76% of the recommended daily dose of manganese. Manganese is an essential element for the growth of healthy bones and cartilage. Manganese is also important for the formation of collagen and the healing of wounds.
- Treatment of gout. Gout is caused by accumulation of abnormal levels of uric acid in the blood causing joint inflammation. Consumption of pineapple helps reduce the level of uric acid in the blood, thus effectively preventing painful aggravations associated with gout.
- Anti-inflammatory. Bromelain is an enzyme that has anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, regular consumption of pineapple can help to treat mild forms of arthritis and sports injuries by reducing inflammation and pain.
- Aesthetic treatment. Pineapple has vitamin C, Bromelain and Alpha hydroxy acid (or AHA) which are used as ingredients in many beauty products. The pulp of fresh pineapple can be used as a facial mask to soothe the skin. Vitamin C will help slow down the aging process and reduce wrinkles. Pineapple can also be used as an exfoliator to remove calluses and dry skin. Additionally, foods rich in manganese, as pineapple, will help you maintain healthy, glowing skin.
- Weight loss and maintenance of weight. Due to the fiber contained in pineapple, it takes more time to digest, thus causing a prolonged feeling of satiety. Fiber also helps prevent constipation by stimulating bowel movement.