Nearly five years ago I started my transformation into more natural living, holistic health care, and maintaining good health with a clean, non-toxic environment. At first, I wasn’t sold on the whole essential oil mumbo jumbo. However, as the years went on, I gradually realized how beneficial essential oils are and I started picking up a few cheap ones at my nearby health food store.
I wanted to get the most use out of them, however, I was scared away by the warnings on the back label that said, “Do not ingest.“ Well, that was exactly what I wanted to do with them, so I stuffed them in the back of my cabinet and let them collect dust.
It wasn’t till I read my friend Jill from The Prairie Homestead’s new ebook, “Natural Homestead: 40+ Recipes for Natural Critters & Crops“, that I noticed she used doTERRA and she used doTERRA internally. I studied up on this brand and discovered that it a brand of high-quality essential oils that are safe for topical, aromatic, AND internal use. It was safe to use on my babies. It was safe to use on my animals. It was safe to use around my house!
***if you want to learn more about essential oils, join LA Healthy Living Facebook group***
How We Use Essential Oils Around Our Homestead:
- For seasonal allergies
- For Acid Reflux
- For disinfecting
- For calming fussy kids
- To treat cold and flu symptoms
- Make homemade cleaning products
- Homemade all-natural fly and pest sprays
- To soothe tired, aching joints and muscles
- To treat dry, itchy scalp and cradle cap
- To calm anxiety and soothe emotions
- To help my skin stay radiant
- …and so much more!
“doTERRA’s Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils are guaranteed to be 100% pure and natural and free of synthetic compounds or contaminates. They are subjected to rigorous mass spectrometry and gas chromatography testing to ensure extract composition and activity. doTERRA’s 100% pure essential oils represent the safest and most beneficial essential oils available today.” (From the doTERRA website)
For years I’ve been purchasing essential oils from a local health food store or from Amazon. I wanted to get the most use out of my “store-bought” essential oils, however, I was scared away by the warnings on the back label that said, “Do not ingest.“ Well, that was exactly what I wanted to do with them, so I stuffed them in the back of my cabinet and let them collect dust. I have, recently, switched to doTERRA and will NEVER turn back. I love them so much that I have become a distributor for them, not to try to SELL and make money from them (however that is a huge benefit), but I wanted the steep discount that comes with being an Independent Product Consultant and I wanted to be able to recommend the best quality oils to all of you.
You can either get doTERRA products by paying retail prices, or you can get them by paying wholesale prices. I wanted the latter. Maybe you do too. So, let me tell you a little bit more.
There are 3 ways to purchase doTERRA oils:
1. Purchase them from doterra online store.
Have the oils delivered straight to your door. (All prices on the website are full retail.)
(these next 2 ways I am only offering to you in case you want to take advantage of purchasing doTERRA products at wholesale prices. I am not trying to push you AT ALL.)
2. Become a Preferred Member.
Preferred Members pay only $10 for a lifetime membership which allows them to purchase all products for 20% off retail price.
Preferred Members can also take part in the Loyalty Rewards Program. (More info on that below)
3. Become an Independent Product Consultant (IPC)
As a doTERRA IPC, you’ll receive the deepest discounts possible. Everything you purchase will be at wholesale price, which is 25% off retail.
Ok, don’t get scared away by the title. You DO NOT have to make a business out of doTERRA. I, definitely, am not. I just want to be able to recommend and offer the best quality essential oils…the ones I trust for my family and home. I signed up to become and IPC to receive the deepest discounts on the oils.
However, if you want to make a business out of it, you can! There is potential for whatever you would like to do with it.
It costs $35/year to sign up as an IPC (aka a wholesale account.) It’s a lot like purchasing a membership to Sam’s Club or Costco- one annual fee for savings all year long. (Membership renewal is only $25 each year, PLUS you’ll automatically get a free bottle of peppermint oil. So, that makes it even better!)
Even if you have no intention of ever selling the oils to others, becoming an IPC is still a great option. There are no minimums or quotas you must meet– and no one is going to pressure you to sell product or have “parties” if you aren’t interested in that aspect.
There are also a variety of enrollment kits available. Purchasing a kit is not a requirement, but I do highly recommend starting out with one, as it is a wonderful, money-saving way to start your oil journey.
My Favorite Enrollment Kit is The Family Physician Kit:
Actually this kit was the reason I decided to become an IPC. It’s an incredible resource to have in your house and you get it FOR A STEAL!
The Family Physician Kit ($150/110 PV)
- 5 ml bottles of lavender, lemon, peppermint, melaleuca, oregano, frankincense, Deep Blue®, Breathe, DigestZen®, and On Guard®
- 15 mL bottle of Slim & Sassy metabolic blend
- doTERRA IPC Introductory Packet
- Enrollment fee ($35) included in the package!
The Premium Essentials Kit ($515/400 PV)-
- Lotus Diffuser
- 5 ml essential oils: Purify, Deep Blue®, Elevation™, Serenity, Balance, eucalyptus, DigestZen®, wild orange, grapefruit, lemongrass, marjoram, AromaTouch®, oregano, lime
- 15 ml essential oils: lavender, peppermint, lemon, On Guard®, melaleuca, Citrus Bliss, Breathe, frankincense, Slim & Sassy®
- 10 ml PastTense®
- Fractionated Coconut Oil (4 oz bottle)
- Introduction to Essential Oils audio CD (5)
- Wooden doTERRA storage box
- 5/8 Dram sample vials (15 vials)
- d0TERRA IPC Introductory Packet
- Enrollment ($35) included in the package
Signing up as an IPC– A step-by-step
1. Click over to the sign-up page.
2. Select “Join as a new Independent Product Consultant”
3. The “Enroller ID” and “Sponsor ID” boxes should already be filled in for you. But if not, enter 814185 in both boxes.
4. Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact info. (The reason you are asked to list your social security number is for tax purposes. If you make over $600/year selling doTERRA products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail, as is required by law. doTERRA will never share this info with anyone.)
5. Select your time zone and choose a virtual office password.
6. Agree to Terms & Conditions and the Virtual Office User Agreement. (The basic version of the virtual office is free. There is an upgrade option available, but you won’t need to worry about that for a while.)
7. Select your enrollment order. This is where you can specify which enrollment kit you would like -OR- if you’d rather not start with a kit, simply select the Inroductory Packet ($35) option.
You can also purchase other items at this time if you wish.
8. Set up your optional Loyalty Rewards Program (LRP).
This is not a requirement, although it is a money-saving way to build your oil collection.
doTERRA’s Loyalty Rewards Program (LRP) provides free product credits for monthly purchases ordered on the program and is the most economical way to purchase doTERRA oils. As a participant in the Loyalty Rewards Program, you will immediately begin to earn product credits that can be used as cash to purchase doTERRA products. The longer you participate in the LRP, the more credits you can earn–up to 30% of your total monthly Loyalty Rewards purchases. (More info on the LRP program can be found here.)
If you decide that this is something you are interested in, select the products you would like to ship in your first LRP order. (You can change the products from month-to-month through your Virtual Office.)
You will also need to select a ship date. (This is the day each month when you order will go out. I recommend writing this down on your calendar so you don’t accidentally order the same thing twice.)
9. That’s it- congratulations on starting your doTERRA adventure! You will receive a confirmation email– you can log into your back office right away to manage orders, check your team, and send messages.
If you have any questions about signing up, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org