Olive oil has been known and used for thousands of years. We do not know exactly when they started to produce olive oil, however, the first mention of its use dates back to 6,000 years ago. People in ancient times used it not only for food but for other purposes as well. This is not surprising because olive oil is a source of beneficial substances such as vitamins A, E, B, D and K (as well as monounsaturated fats). If it has such a beneficial effect on the body from the inside, why not use its phenomenal properties for cosmetic and other purposes? It perfectly nourishes, softens and moisturizes the skin; removes pigmentation, and most importantly, olive oil has a pronounced anti-aging effect… helping the skin to maintain youth and elasticity.
10 New Everyday Uses For Olive Oil
- Substitute for shaving cream. Olive oil will provide a smooth shave as it softens the hair on the face and body. In addition, after your shave, you can apply a small amount of olive oil as a soothing lotion.
- Hair Anti-Frizz. Take a few drops of olive oil in your hand and run your fingers through your hair to remove the frizz.
- Weight loss. To help you lose weight, take 1 tablespoon of olive oil in its pure form before breakfast and dinner. Olive oil will help you have a prolonged feeling of fullness.
- As hair conditioner. Olive oil effectively nourishes hair, leaving it silky smooth and shiny. Mix 2 tablespoons of olive with 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar or honey. Mix all the ingredients then apply onto the hair and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. You’ll notice that your hair will look better, get volume, and will be easier to handle.
- For snoring. Take a tablespoon of olive oil before going to bed. It will help soothe the throat and stop snoring.
- Diaper Rash and Psoriasis Treatment
- Cure an earache. Using a cotton swab, apply olive oil to the outside ear cavity. It will help with earaches.
- Sooth your throat. Take a sip of olive oil to soothe your irritated throat and make you stop coughing.
- Help eliminate and prevent stretch marks. Olive oil regenerates the skin due to its high content of vitamin E. As we know stretch marks are the result of the rupture of connective tissue, which is the result of excessive stretching of the skin and hormonal changes. The skin loses its elasticity. Thus, using olive oil will help you gain back your elasticity.
- Clear up acne. To get rid of acne, put a little olive oil on a cotton swab and wipe your face. Then remove excess oil with a tissue. This method has proved to be effective even for oily skin, because olive oil is well absorbed by the skin and will not clog pores.